CONTINUOUS ANALYZERS FOR LANDFILL SITE AND BIOGAS RECOVERY & PROCESSING Models A, B, & C, Model : 900 SERIES, Brand : Nova
For continuous analysis of oxygen ( O2) , methane ( CH4) , and/ or carbon
dioxide ( CO2) in recovered gases from landfill and biogas sites.
A - Base Model
• Easy to use manual potentiometer calibration with LCD digital displays for each gas
• Temperature controlled sensors to reduce drift due to ambient temperature swings
• Long life electrochemical O2 sensor
• Modular, field-cleanable infrared CO2/ CH4 detector
• Cabinet positive-pressure kit to minimize corrosive effects of hydrogen sulfide ( H2S) on cabinet electronics & sensors
• Built in sample pump, pre-filter, filters, and flow meter
• Automatic moisture removal without the use of cooling water, compressed air or failure-prone thermal-electric
• Vacuum gauge and valve to allow user to measure and minimize vacuum effects if unit is vented back to blower
• Rugged NEMA4 ( IP65) enclosure
• 4 - 20 mA outputs for each gas
• Low flow alarm & relays
B - ' Cal-Now' Model
• Same features as Base model, plus:
• Microprocessor control and LCD touch screen display
• Graphing view shows approx. 12 hours of historical data
• Display includes access to alarms, basic troubleshooting guides, and sensor diagnostic information.
• Magnetic ' cal now' button allows ' one touch' calibration without the need to open the enclosure door
C - Full Autocalibration Model
• Same features as Base and ' Cal Now' models, plus:
• Automatic analyzer calibration with full-color touch screen LCD display
• Preventative maintenance alerts and user adjustable alert frequency
• Gas hi/ low alarms with relay contacts
• Isolated analog, RS232, RS485, MODBUS, and Ethernet outputs available
• Class 1 Division 2 Group BCD rated purge kit for use in hazardous areas
• Cold weather package for operation to -20° C ( -5° F)
• Solid-state cabinet coolers that do not require instrument air
• Ambient air for O2 span and CO2 & CH4 zero
• Analyzed calibration gas of CH4 in nitrogen with a representative balance of CO2 and N2 for CO2 & CH4 span and O2 zero
The Nova 900 Series analyzers have been designed for monitoring recovered and processed gases from landfill and biogas sites. This equipment continuously removes moisture from the wet sample gas without the need for cooling water, compressed air, or failure-prone thermoelectric elements. The 900 Series comes complete with pre-filter, sample pump, flow meter, compression-style moisture removal system, H2S filter, PTFE liquid block, long-life O2 sensor, infrared CO2/ CH4
detector, low flow sensor, alarm relay contacts, and 4-20mA outputs for each gas measured. The sensors are mounted in a temperature controlled heated box to reduce drift due to ambient temperature swings.
On the B ( ' Cal Now' ) and C ( Full Autocalibration) models, all calibration functions are controlled through the display rather than manual potentiometers. The C model includes additional helpful information for effective analyzer preventative maintenance.
The C model has timed alerts that will appear on the display when a filter is ready to be changed. The alert can either be ' Accepted' if the filter is changed, or ' Acknowledged' if there is no immediate need. Regular maintenance of filters are critical to
the long term reliability of the analyzer. Diagnostics and troubleshooting information are also included in the display interface
of the B and C models. This assists operators to quickly determine the cause of an alarm and get the analyzer back on-line.
Spare part numbers relevant to the alarm are included in the display.
• 900 ( A, B, or C) - O2
• 901 ( A, B, or C) - CH4
• 902 ( A, B, or C) - O2 and CH4
• 903 ( A, B, or C) - O2, CH4, and CO2
• Other combinations can be requested
Other analysis options available:
• H1 - H2S, range 0 - 200 PPM
• H2 - H2S, range 200 - 5, 000 PPM
• H3 - H2S, range 1, 000 - 10, 000 PPM ( if no CO2 in sample)
• H4 - H2S, range 1, 000 - 10, 000 PPM ( if CO2 is in sample)
• BTU - BTU readout, range 0-1000 BTU
Method of Detection : Long life electrochemical O2 sensor, field-cleanable infrared CH4 & CO2 detector
Ranges Available : 0-25.0% O2; any range between 0-50.0% and 0-100.0% CH4, CO2
Resolution : 0.1% on CO2, O2, & CH4
Accuracy and Repeatability : ± 1% of full scale
Drift : Less than 2% of full scale per month.
Response Time ( T-90) : Less than 30 seconds not including sample line delay
Ambient Temperature Range : 40-120° F ( 4-48° C) . Lower temperatures ( -5° F, -20° C) with Cold Weather Package.
Linearity : ± 1% of full scale for each gas measured
Size and Weight : Approx. 24" H x 20" W x 10" D @ 90 lbs ( 61 x 51 x 25 cm @ 20 kg)
Physical data may vary depending on options required
Power : 115VAC 60Hz ( 220VAC 50Hz available)
Output Options : 4-20ma into 500 ohms non-isolated standard Isolated 4-20mA, RS232, RS485, MODBUS, Ethernet outputs optional
Alarms : High O2, high CO2, low CH4, low flow; SPDT relays with 10A contacts